Al Aqsa Mosque Library was established in 1922 where it was referred to as “Dar Kutob” Al Aqsa Mosuqe. Back then it was used to collect different manuscripts and books that were scattered all over the place, including locations such as the Dome of Rock’s safe, among others. Nowadays, the library functions as a cultural center that provides books, resources, educational programs, and even activities that address this era’s needs and questions; through its different sections. The library has three sections; the fifirst is located between Al-Qibli Mosque and the Islamic Museum, including the Humanities and Palestinian Sciences Section, in addition to the newly established children's section that aims to meet the needs of children aged 1 to 15 years. TThe second section is located at the bottom of al-Qibli Mosque. It is called al-Kataniyya library, and it includes the Department of Arabic Language and Literature, and the Islamic Sciences (Shariah Studies). Al-Aqsa Mosque Library includes more than 4000 manuscripts in different languages, thousands of printed books, and historical and modern journals. The number of modern print outlets is estimated to reach about 160 thousands printed books in various subjects.